Happy New Year! 2013 was our favorite year so far and we can’t wait to see what’s waiting for us in 2014! Below are a few highlights from our year.
Most Memorable Events:
1. Getting hitched on June 6, 2013!
2. Graduating from Colorado State University in May.
3. Honeymoon-ing in the Pacific Northwest.
4. Renting our first house as a married couple.
5. Learning how to mountain bike and getting a new bike.
5. Seeing The Oh Hello’s live in concert.
6. Eating donuts from this place.
7. Spending a weekend mountain biking and camping in Crested Butte, CO.
8. Summiting 14′er nos. 17 and 18: Quandary Peak and La Plata Peak.
9. Exploring Salida and Buena Vista and soaking in the Mount Princeton Hot Springs.
10. Watching Connor compete in his first Barr Trail Mountain Race and the Georgetown Half Marathon.
11. Getting a brand new baby nephew!
12. Making “batter” videos with our best friend.
1. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
2. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
3. The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
4. Despicable Me 2
6. World War Z
8. The Butler
1. Trees – The Oh Hello’s
2. The Lament of Eustace Scrubb – The Oh Hello’s
3. Lake Michigan – Rogue Wave
4. Far Away – Junip
5. Step Out – Jose Gonzales
6. Man on Fire – Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
7. Lightning Bolt – Jake Bugg
8. Tesselate – alt J
9. The Burren - Ben Howard
10. Hold You In My Arms – Ray Lamontagne (our wedding song)
11. Gold – Wake Owl
12. Wild Country – Wake Owl
What We’re Most Looking Forward to in 2014:
1. Our trip to Asheville, NC, Charleston, SC, and the Great Smokies in May.
2. Our best friend’s wedding in June.
3. Mountain biking trips in the summer and fall.
4. Climbing more 14′ers.
5. Making our own kombucha.
6. Planning and saving for our future (tiny house? mountain town?…).
7. Possibly paying off the remainder of our student loans.
8. Fostering or adopting a dog.
9. Going on more backpacking and camping trips.
10. Learning to live more simply. Because the less we need, the better we feel.