There are only two drinks I order at Starbucks: an iced latte (with an extra shot because #caffeine) or an iced matcha green tea latte. If you haven’t heard about the benefits of matcha, it has a ton of antioxidants, aids in heart and skin health, stimulates brain power, and can boost weight loss. It also tastes amazing! I frequently get asked by friends and family how I make my Starbucks copycat green tea latte, so here it is!
- 1 tbsp pure matcha green tea powder (I get mine from Vitacost – it’s a great value, organic, and you can get it shipped to you in just 2 business days! Use this link to get $10 off your first order with them!)
- 1 tbsp simple syrup (this isn’t necessary unless you like your matcha on the sweet side like I do)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) milk or milk alternative
- 1 cup ice
- Measure out 1 tbsp of matcha powder and pour it into a small mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of milk or milk alternative.
- Whisk these together (a bamboo whisk works best) until the mixture begins to froth and the matcha powder has dissolved.
- Add 1 tbsp simple syrup and whisk until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a cup filled with ice. Add a straw and enjoy! You can also add whipped cream to the top if you’re feeling really indulgent!
This is my favorite treat and gives me so much energy without the shakiness and future crash that coffee often causes! It is also delicious served hot on a cold day! Let me know in the comments if you make it and how you like it!